Are you interested in learning more about digital archives? Looking for hands-on experience that will help you build a career in the field? Interested in learning more about South Asian American history? Wanting to be part of an innovative community-based non-profit organization?
The South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA) is now accepting applications from students and recent-graduates seeking internship positions. Interns have the opportunity to work in a variety of capacities and gain experience engaging with digital archives initiatives at a start-up non-profit organization.
SAADA accepts interns both in Philadelphia, where the organization is based, and remote interns located anywhere in the United States.
Participants in the SAADA Digital Archive Internship Program will gain experience in the following areas:
· Conducting original research in libraries and archives
· Communication with community members, organizations and institutions
· Marketing and outreach through traditional media, social media and blogs
· Fundraising and development
· Public engagement and presentation
· Current student (or recent graduate) in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
· Preference given to those able to commit to at least 10 hours/week
· Located in the United States (applicants need not be located in Philadelphia)
Applications are due by 11:59pm Eastern Time on Saturday, August 25, 2012. Decisions will be announced by August 31, 2012 with internships starting in early-September.
All the best,
Executive Director & President
South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA)
Tel: 734-716-6621 (cell)