Akram Khan company - DESH
Desh is Bengali meaning Homeland in English.
Akram Khan created this solo choreography as a homage to his fathers homeland, Bangladesh, as well as his search to understand his roots and identity. Delving into Khan’s and his fathers polarising lives. Khan’s, as a first generation immigrant in England, fully immersed in the western British lifestyle. His fathers, living in Bangladesh during the 1971 war, immigrating and trying to pass on his traditions and culture.
- eatingelsewhere likes this
- neharaysays likes this
- goldgoldgoldinmygrills reblogged this from immigrantstories
- goldgoldgoldinmygrills likes this
- immigrantstories reblogged this from megsinchina
- fille-de-bengal reblogged this from megsinchina
- feckless-euphoria reblogged this from megsinchina
- megsinchina posted this